Welcome to the Capital District United Methodist Men (UMM) website. We serve Methodist Men in the Austin, Texas area and are part of the Rio Texas Conference. Join us!
Current News & Activities
Current events and information about Capital District UMM activities can be found below and also by visiting our News page:
- Homeless Men's Clothes Closet: the clothes closet needs your help. If you can spare 2 to 4 hours (8:00 am - 12:00) on a Monday at the Central Presbyterian Church downtown Austin to sort clothes, pass out clothes and bibles, and minister to the Austin area homeless, we need you. If your youth or young adult groups wish to volunteer a few weeks out of the year you can. You can also donate clothes or money. If you are interested please contact Ralph Eckwall at 512-452-4933 for more information.
- Capital District Christmas Breakfast: join the Capital District UMM for Christmas Breakfast (migas, fajitas), Saturday December 12, 2015 (8:00 AM) at Lake Travis UMC. Contact Myles McKemie for a head count.
- Quarterly Men's Breakfast: the winter men's breakfast was held Saturday, November 14 at Emmanuel UMC. Matthew Veloz was the guest speaker. Thank you men of Emmanuel for hosting a wonderful breakfast.
- Capital District UMM Supports Community First!: Community First! is a 27-acre master-planned community that will provide affordable and sustainable housing, and a supportive community for the disabled, chronically homeless in Central Texas. More...
Purpose & Mission
Join us as we each discover our Biblical role as a man
Join us as we each look inward to our strengths
Join us as we each look inward to our weaknesses
Join us as we begin our servant-leader trek
Join us as we look outward to others as we seek to make disciples for Jesus Christ
United Methodist Men has set out on a new venture to discover and meet the needs of Christian Men in today's world. The Austin District of the United Methodist Men seeks to be a resource for the local church men's groups as they set out on that journey.
Men seeking membership in a local UMM Fellowship shall subscribe to the "Purpose" of the UMM and to these personal objectives:
- Engage daily in Bible study and prayer
- Bear witness to Christ's way in daily work and in all personal contacts through words and actions
- Engage in some definite Christian service
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only